It’s been over a month since I’ve returned to the U.S., and I miss London! Just a few reflections on my trip:
- I figured I would end up saying this, although most people probably think I’m crazy, but I miss London weather! It’s so bloody hot here that you can’t even enjoy the outdoors, let alone go outdoors.
- Every city should have as many parks as London. It should just be mandatory.
- Although there are no height restrictions as far as I know on buildings in London, unlike in DC, I haven’t seemed to notice that buildings here are any shorter. That’s a different story when comparing New York to DC, but I think London does a good job at staying away from skyscrapers (with the exception of The City and the shard).
- I can’t say I miss paying for things in pounds, or even in cash for that matter! I do miss going to the Chapel Market for my veggies and just walking to get everywhere - it can be annoying when the weather isn’t great, but it’s good exercise and a good break from technology/electronics/machines.
- Americans are stupid. That hasn’t changed no matter what country I’m in.
- Dinwiddy living is on par with Swarthmore living. That’s not a compliment, but it’s not the worst thing in the world, either.
- Swarthmore needs to up its tech game. SOAS allows you to tap your ID card on the printer to pull up your documents and print them. Easy; genius. I know I mentioned this before but I can’t seem to get over it.
- I want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!
It’s definitely been fun keeping up this blog for everyone to read (or not read) and as a memento for myself when I want to look back on this time. I finally got around to making myself a Snapfish photo book of my travels as well, which I definitely recommend.
Well, that’s the end for this blog! I’ll continue to keep it up for others but this will be the last post ever! For those thinking about whether or not you want to study abroad, DO IT! It’s the only chance you’ll get to do a lot of traveling on a small budget, especially if you have friends all over the world also studying abroad to stay with!